Human Trafficking Statistics:
- There are 27 million people in slavery in the world today.
- Human Trafficking is a 32 BILLION dollar industry
- 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year.
- 80% are female
- 50% of are children.
- 70% end up in the commercial sex industry.
- 1 million children are exploited by the global commercial sex trade, every year
- 161 Countries are affected by human trafficking by the human trafficking industry.
- It’s estimated that anywhere from 100,000 to 300,000 girls will be abducted and forced into prostitution in the United States this year.
- Denver is one of the largest hubs of sex trafficking per capita. One in three girls who are homeless on Denver’s streets for more than 72 hours will be kidnapped and yanked into a life of prostitution.
- Statistics from the Polaris Project.
There are more slaves in the world today than at any other time in Human History. What is a Christian's obligation in the midst of trafficking? The Bible says, “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute” Proverbs 31:8. We believe that we are required to be the voice for those held in slavery all over the world today.
“You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know,"
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
KNOW THE HOTLINE #:1-888-3737-888
LET YOUR EYES BE OPENED
Don't just read the statistics, but allow them to really sink into your heart. Stay informed, read articles, watch movies and read books that pertain to this global epidemic. We recommend:
Trade of Innocents
Go to events in your community or organize your own event. Invite people involved in the fight to share at your church or with your friends. Join an anti-trafficking taskforce or help a ministry get the word out.
SUPPORT A MINISTRY THAT'S HELPING VICTIMS